Right with the rise of covid and coming till today, the way economy operates has changed with time. The roles each industry play, the contribution each industry makes has been shifted and so has the financial capital in the market. This session will discuss the changing economies, economic disparity created by covid, and ways to uplift the needed ones with equitable access to Finance. This session will be discussed with the Governor of Nepal and economists of the nation.
- Mr. Deependra Chaulagain, Director of Operations, Sambriddhi Foundation, Moderator
- Ms. Neelam Dhungana Timsina, Sr. Deputy Governor, Nepal Rastra Bank
- Mr. Mahesh Acharya, Joint Secretary, Economic Policy Analysis Division, Ministry of Finance
- Mr. Uttar Khatri, Secretary-General, Ministry of Communication and Information Technology
After the worldwide pandemic, new urgencies and new needs for support have been generated and it is the biggest stress test for the development agencies. Global human development is on the course of decline and now the focus of the development agencies and donors need to be shifted and rearranged. How are they planning to create impacts on multi-faceted sectors on the lives of people around the developing and emerging nations and most importantly in Nepal?
- Mr. Siddhartha Raja, Senior Digital Development Specialist, World Bank, Moderator
- Ms. Bahar Kumar, Impact Hub Kathmandu
- Ms. Dori Nguyen, Managing Partner, Utopia Kathmandu
- Ms. Ruchi Pandey, Sr. Director - Public Relations and Corporate Communications, Fusemachines Inc.
Nepal is considered a small country with a small market. Many international ideas have not penetrated the market, hence there are so many untapped markets and demands. So, is Nepal really a too small economy or filled with a wide range of possibilities? The session will get the answers from successful businesspersons of Nepal.
- Mr. Janardan Baral, President, SEJON, Moderator
- Mr. Ashutosh Tiwari, Founder, Safal Partners
- Mr. Ram Krishna Khatiwada, CEO, NIFRA
- Ms. Shree Baba Pokharel, Economist
- Ms. Vidushi Rana, CEO, GoldStar
Nepal’s Startup Sector is growing and booming but we are yet to find a Unicorn in this market. Is it because there are fewer brilliant ideas that shall be successful or are these because of less interest from Private Equity Venture Capitalists? What environment shall be made by the startup sector to attract the international venture capitalists to the Nepali Economy? Are our companies actually ready to get the investments and be a billion-dollar company? We shall discuss these details in session with the founders of Local Unicorn companies.
- Mr. Anil Kesary Shah, CEO, Nabil Bank, Moderator
- Mr. Hem Raj Dhakal, Managing Director, IME Group
- Mr. Bidhyabaridi Sigdel, Managing Director, Dolma Impact Fund
- Mr. Lokesh Todi, Chairman, Avasar Equity Limited
- Ms. Usha Khatiwada, CEO, NRN Infrastructure & Development Limited